Tower of Babel: This article on the Tower of Babel is a continuation of the Sumerian Kings List article series. The previous article was Sumerian Kings List: Nimrod.
- The ruins of the Ziggurat of Eridu (seen below) are larger and older than any others ever discovered within the fertile crescent, or the cradle of civilization.
- The Ziggurat of Eridu is located in roughly the same area as the description given in Genesis.
- The Tower of Eridu was destroyed, or fell, or never completed for whatever cause.
- Eridu is the location of the claimed god Enki, god of “Abzu”.
- In the Sumerian text of Enmerkar and the Lord of Aratta the Ziggurat of Eridu is where the “speech of mankind” was meant to become one.
- In cuniform Eridu can be shown as “NUN.KI” meaning the “Mighty Place”.
- Berosus (c. 200 BC) in his Greek version of the Sumerian Kings List uses the word “Babylon” in place of the word “Eridu”.